Thursday, June 29, 2006

Naked Summer Storm

Naked summer storm/Revised6-29-06


I watch the sun break through
the clouds in a burst of color
only to be bullied into hiding as
the thunder rumbles and stumbles closer

There’s a light show brewing
I can see the flashes jutting just beyond
the curves of the darkening sky

The angels are taking digitals

How they must laugh
as we scurry and scramble for shelter
as mist turns into spatters of rain

They must find it odd that I welcome
the downpour of a summer storm
I must be…...amusing

The flashes come faster and closer
as I laugh and dance in the warm June waters
till the clothing on my flesh becomes transparent

Funny…I don’t FEEL naked

But, I do feel the ground quake
as lightning flashes heralding the echoes of thunder

3 comments:

Sir James Eric Watkins said...

love that voice. good write too.

westcoastmama said...

Thanks James. :-)

Erin said...

Yup, I keep saying it, but you just have a great voice, and your laugh too.