Thursday, June 15, 2006

Museless in So Cal-a crosspost from Moontown

So, I'd been a happy little writer for about a couple of months after having my writers block lifted. There was a sudden surge of creativity which, all of the sudden, has waned like that of the moon...ugh....I have some good pieces that need to be edited, but my brain refuses to function in any other way than lyrical or morbidly. I'm hoping that having lunch with my girlfriend Lori and having a couple of mimosas will put me in the right frame of mind. I guess I have a lot on my mind.


Rosie's home from school again today. She's missed three school days since last week because of uti and a kidney infection. She's been in a lot of pain and kinda feverish. She went to school yesterday, but overdid because she felt better. I even excused her from p.e. so she wouldn't push to much, but she forgot and spent too much time out. No matter what, she has to go in tomorrow to turn in all her books and clean out her locker. :-/ She's on antibiotics, so hopefully she'll feel better soon. Kidney infections suck. One almost killed me (literally) when I was 17. I was hospitalized for 5 days because of it. One of the most painful things I'd experienced NEXT to child birth....now I gotta watch out for my girl...At least I know what symptoms to look for....


With that, I shall say "until we meet again"....Gotta meet with Lori at 11. This should be interesting. SHE'S FREAKING HILARIOUS. I sent her a text asking if she wanted to go to MIMI'S CAFE for breakfast and mimosas. Her reply...."IS A DUCKS BUTT WATER TIGHT?!" LMAO!! Yeah...so I'll see ya!

2 comments:

Erin said...

When I was 17, a UTI/kidney infection nearly killed me and Tom (I was preggo with him then) I thought I had the damn flu, and that the backpain was just pregnant achiness. They said 24 hours more and I'd have been dead, and probably Tommy too. I only even went to see the doctor because it was a prescheduled appointment for my monthly checkup!

Anyway, enjoy the Mimosas! (My mimosa tree out back is in full bloom, so pretty!)

Love you!
~E

westcoastmama said...

Hey Erin! When I was hospitalized with that kidney infection John, my oldest, was only three months old. My doctor said I was the WORST case that he'd ever seen in his 14 or so years of practice. If the kidney infection didn't get me, the dehydration would have. I thought I had the flu too and my aches I attributed to the c-section I had. I was already on antibiotics for three days when my fever peaked at 105. My nurse freaked! She came in to check on me at 3 in the morning and asked me how I felt. I told her I felt fine. Well, hell! At a temp 105 dillerium would do that to you! Needless to say I made it, but it was because my dad saved my life. He's the one that created the micky of antibiotics that finally worked! (My dad was a ships doc in the navy and a pharmacy tech for over 12 years at that time.)I have a lot to thank my dad for this fathers day.

:-) I ended up not having a mimosa, coz I was afraid I'd get TOO relaxed and I still had some driving to do. lol But lunch was great and so was the company!! Hope you're doing well. *hug*