Thursday, August 31, 2006

omg!! finally!!

I was able to login the NORMAL way after two freaking weeks!! Please let this last. Okay, so I haven't posted much on the count of writers block, frustration with the site and just plain being busy. I really should be asleep coz I have to go to Rich's registration first thing in the morning, but insomnia will do funny things to ya. So...here I am posting something new AND something silly. My friend, Wanda, sent this to me. Had me rolling on the floor. Read on and you'll see why :-)



One day, while going to the bookstore, a preacher passed a nursing home.
On the front lawn were six old ladies lying naked on the grass. He
thought this was a bit unusual, but continued on his way to the
bookstore.

On his return trip, He passed the same nursing home with the same six
old ladies lying naked on the lawn. This time his curiosity got the best of
him and went inside to talk to the manager. "Do you know there are six
ladies lying naked on your front lawn?"

"Yes," she said. "They are retired prostitutes, and they're having a
yard sale."



*snicker* told ya!




Now....for the "something new"!


Walk Through Yesterday
8/31/06

I counted the stars
as they came out

and connected them

with imaginary lines
until the sky was so full
I could not longer see

It brought me back
to sleepless nights
and moonbeams
lying on the soft, green grass

We stood here before,

you and I,

as dusk fell
and the skies lit up
with a trillion tiny fireflies

But, you were the one
that blinded me

your essence filled the heavens
so that angels fell
drunk

and so did I

once

a bittersweet lifetime ago
But I smile now
as I walk through yesterday

and remember what
we were before

1 comment:

westcoastmama said...

Thank you, sir. I like it too :-)