Friday, August 25, 2006

fireworks

Every evening (9:30 p.m.) I hear the fireworks show from Disneyland. Some nights it's more noticeable than others, like tonight. I think the wind was blowing in our direction. *sigh* I love fireworks. Brings out the kid in me.

There was one fireworks show in particular that I remember. Richie's bday is the 4th of July, so he gets fireworks every year. On his sixth bday, we threw him a bday party and after dinner, the entire family, all 24 of us, went to Heritage park in Irvine, just across the street from our townhome to watch the fireworks display. It was just craziness seeing so many people at the park at once. Everyone was there. Anyway, we found a spot where we could plant our very LARGE group and waited for the display. It was a wonderful evening. When the finale' was taking place, all the huge bursts of color exploding left and right, we sang happy birthday to Rich. Even people in the crowd (people we didn't know) started singing and at the end of the show we all wished him a really loud HAPPY BIRTHDAY. omg...seeing the happiness and glow on his face was just breathtaking. I thank God for giving me children and allowing me memories just like this.

2 comments:

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Gee, Mary, When we lived in Anaheim we could see the Disneyland fireworks out of our bedroom window (right beside the big red T from the ThriftyMart we could also see out that window. We were close enough to see Tinkerbell fly down the Matterhorn! Thanks for the memories....

westcoastmama said...

Oh, wow. Now that would've been a blast to be able to watch from my window!! So cool. And, you're welcome ;-)