Friday, August 04, 2006

Beachside Poetry

I took the kids to Laguna Beach yesterday. It was such a relaxing day. We're going to have to do that again. We had a blast and I got a really good poem out of it AND I edited another along with getting some really good photos. I'll post the pics later, I promise. Anyway, here's the piece. I also posted it on myspace.


Oh, and did I mention that I was asked to sing back-up on a song for an upcoming cd? No? Well....Yeah, I did!! I'm so thrilled. Gonna work on it next week. Keep me in your prayers!!


Beachside poetry
Current mood: optimistic
Category: Writing and Poetry


I sat watching the waves
curl and break upon
the sandy shore

Brine-infused air
settled upon me-
calm

Time and waterworn rocks
jut out of the sands-
gargoyles of Laguna Beach
keeping watch over waters
unchanged through the centuries

I could stay here for hours,
like those rocks, just
watching

letting the sun warm me
as waves rush over
smoothing, soothing
my rough edges

with the polish of time

2 comments:

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

I've spent a lot of time at Laguna Beach! We used to live in Santa Ana, and Laguna was where we usually went. Sometimes Newport, sometimes Crescent Cove. Gee, our only beaches here are on the shores of the Great Salt Lake, and they are usually littered with piles of decomposing and smelly brine shrimp and sand flies...and the concentrated salt in the water makes you itchy. I miss the beach, the smell of the beach, the sound of the waves....

westcoastmama said...

omg...you lived in Santa Ana?! We really DO live in a small world. Crescent Cove is absolutely gorgeous! It's so odd how much I miss the beach too. Unfortunately, life doesn't allow for those kinds of outings often. Sometimes, when the wind is just right, even in Cerritos, I can smell that salt air. It's wonderful!

Come and visit!