Sunday, May 28, 2006

Miami part 2-this is gonna be long

Okay...so my intention was to cook dinner for the girls Friday night, coz I wanted to and our room was equipped with a cute little kitchenette, but that didn't quite happen. After we finally got out of the hotel, we hit Lincoln Ave and did the "girl" thing and went crazy in the shops. OMG!! The things they had there. It was like shopping paradise, for those of you who like to shop with little or A LOT of money. Dude. They had EVERYTHING. I had no intention of buying anything, but it sort of just....happened lol.

Betty was on a mission and we came along for the ride. She had a list of all the shops and sites that we had to hit while we were out on the town. It was great coz, well, I didn't have to do much thinking. It's so nice when someone else does that for you every now and then! :-) So, anyway, we walked and walked for blocks and ended up at this crazy shopped that was so packed with people and STUFF called "Rainbow". We were there forever. I'm talking at least an hour in just one shop. I was totally NOT going to buy anything, but, damnit, I couldn't restrain myself when I saw these shoes. OMG! They are so hot. I'll have to post pics of these shoes just because they are so HOT! Btw, if I say that phrase a lot, please don't hate. I must have heard it said at least a MILLION times that weekend and I still hear it A LOT! LOL. I couldn't pass them up, seriously. And, the price was just...well, you know what I mean. Oh, and Danait and Betty both found shoes and cute outfits. I was really good though. I spent the least ;-P

We shopped and shopped and, omg, did I mention shop?! Betty knows how to spend that dough! We went into this really high-end boutique. I totally wanted to stay in there longer. Dude, they were handing out shots and drinks left and right. Yes, it a boutique. It was an experience. I tried on this tunic/mini-dress(on me anyway! lol) with the shoes that I bought and I WANTED IT! It would have been a total splurge for me though, especially at $300.00, but it fit and felt so good. It was the only outfit I would have considered wearing "braless", let's put it that way, coz the cut was just that way, uh-huh...did I really say that?! Hmm... I guess I did. lol

It's at about 3:00p.m. now and we still haven't eaten. While walking up Lincoln Ave. we see this tall, hot-looking (according to Danait-okay, he was cute ;-p) Italian guy in front of a restaurant called AGUA. He stops us and gives us his card and we tell him we'll be back after a little more shopping. Right across from the restaurant was this vintage store, which was the greatest. I could have spent hours in that place. I love antiques and such. And, just next door to that was this shop that we had to go into. They had the coolest pieces in the window. They looked like large silk scarves that you'd wear as a blouse or a dress. I SO wanted one of the tops. I could probably make one and it would look just as hot! But, omg, the silk was great and it was an Egyptian pattern with bright reds, purples and golds. *sigh* Another dream top at $295.00! Oh, yeah, did I mention the fact that the girls were looking for dresses to wear to a summer wedding? No? Well, that's why we hit so many shops....that and for the hell of it!

At this point I'm about to pass out from lack of sleep and starvation, so we head over to the tall Italian guy. He seated us at our table and Dani strategically placed herself for the best view. She has a thing for cute Italian guys lol, but who doesn't? Anyway, it was perfect. The seating was outside and we had so much fun people watching as we shared each others food. So much for cooking dinner! The food and converstation was awesome.

After our very late lunch/early dinner, we head back to the hotel, but only after we stop at a shop that sold nothing but jewelry. OMG. It was tough keeping my wallet closed there! We spent quite a while in that place. I even brought the card home with me to check out their online store....I know. I know....bad Mary. Then we stopped into a store that we could've sworn we passed up, but were in earlier! Just goes to show how many shops we hit! Betty found more clothes, the denim skirt she was looking for and Danait found a dress for the wedding that looked like it was made for her. We she came out of the fitting room everyone gasped and said "OMG! It's perfect." It really was. She looked gorgeous. With her wallet being $150 dollars lighter we finally walked out of there and headed back to the hotel for some R&R.

The pics at the pool that I posted are what we did after I finally checked into my room after 6:30 p.m. It wasn't really restful coz there were a bunch (about 7) of drunken young men throwing the football back and forth across the length of the pool. Dude...there were beer cans all over and they'd been at it all day. How, do you ask, did we know this? Well, one of the guys brought hotdogs out for everyone and he dropped one and was GOING TO EAT IT ANYWAY!!! That is, until his friend dissueded him and he decided to throw it across the length of the pool instead. It happily went kerplunk into the deep end of the pool just missing Betty by a couple of feet. Ah, yesss....that marked the start of the drunken maddness.

After the pool we walked, in our wet bathing suits and towels, to the mini market down the street. (I would have never done that anywhere else, but in Miami! lol) We picked up some snacks(oreos and chocolate chip cookies), orange juice, eggs, bread and sparkling wine for a parcel of $52 dollars (yes 52!!) and headed back to the hotel so we could get ready for the evening's adventure.


More still to be continued...........

2 comments:

me said...

Being the "dude" I am, I can't help but think of Caddyshack where they had to evacuate the pool because someone three a Payday or an Almond Joy or something in it and everyone thought it was a turd! Guy stuff, nutty wacky stuff I know, but it's all I could think of. Dude. ;-) OMG, could you say, OMG, Dude and HOT a lil more, hon? Yer killing me. It's so typical ~YOU~, the conversational, chatty Mary ~YOU~ it ain't even funny! LOL! (yes it is! LOL!) And noneya friends would have it any other way! ROFLBMO! OMG! Glad you had this awesome of a time. You ~SO~ deserve it!

westcoastmama said...

lol...I was cracking up after you pointed that out! I told you. I couldn't help it...Okay, so my writing voice is A LOT like my spoken voice. Makes for a funny, doesn't it?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Catcha later!