Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Long time coming

A cross post from Moontowncafe.com

I've been in a strange mood lately. I feel almost manic...so many things overloading me. At times I'm content and 30 seconds later, it's bitch mode. It's made for some really interesting poetry though. Thank goodness for this outlet!!

******************************************
The Final Farewell (I didn't want to)
5/28/06

I swore off good-byes
slammed the door shut
and barred it closed,

but the fucking window
kept opening-rushes wide
as you sped by

I believed in you
and your grandeur
If only you'd done right by me

I'm moving on, though-
been on the edge so long
I thought of stepping over,
but you pushed me off instead

Bitch-slapped with a final "fuck you"
I thought I'd bleed to death,
but, vampire that you are,
you'd already bled me dry

Crazy, you think?
Yes, I was
in believing you could be anything
other than what you are

******************************************
So much of nothing....

back-lashed,broken window dreaming
fuck-you's all around me

Why did I let this happen?

If I'd have known
I'd go through all this pain
I would have asked to be
sent back

No more, please.

I've had my fill
of "who-the-hell-cares-
unless-it's-about-me"bullshit

Selfish? Me?
I wish I was,
but I would hurt

Not that it would matter
anyway...

'cause I've got whiplash
from looking back too quickly

trying to find
you attached
to everyone elses voice

4 comments:

me said...

Fuck YEAH! Tell it, Mar! Testify, girl!

The last two stanzas are BRILLIANT!

westcoastmama said...

lol...glad you liked, Mike. Way to purge, eh?

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

What Mike said! The last two stanzas are super! ....Don't look back, or ahead too far. NOW is where it is, the distance between one footstep and the next.

westcoastmama said...

*sigh* one step at a time....that's what I'm going for. :-)