Sunday, October 22, 2006

the absence of want

It's not the absence of want that has kept me from writing. I, like Erin, have not had much to say. It seems that many that I know and care deeply for are in the same kind of mental and emotional funk that I am in. There are a million different things that I could or SHOULD be doing, but, for lack of a better excuse, I just can't seem to find the energy. It's actually a bit of a major letdown for me. I've been trying to be so diligent when it comes to writing/creating, but I've not been successful as of late. Perhaps when the dam decides to break once more there will be another flurry of creative energy towards the NEED to create. Ugh...I just don't know. I've been down in the dumps lately and nothing seems to be able to pull me out of it. *sigh*

Next Saturday we're going to have a costume party 80's style. You know, the big hair, lots of make-up and shoulder pads the size of football gear and all is going to happen. I'm hoping that focusing on this little project will get me into a better mood. I promise to post pics of the insanity afterwards....I wonder what people are going to wear? This should be great!!

Now....to focus on some sleep...love you guys!

2 comments:

Erin said...

*hug*

Lack of energy, down in the dumps. Me too Mary. I just... I got nothing. It stinks too, makes me feel worse, leads to more down-in-the-dumpage.

Enjoy the party though, that sounds like fun! Big hair, big shoulder pads, small skirts :D

love you
~E

westcoastmama said...

*sigh* kinda stinks, doesn't it? The worse part is, I have to force myself to do the everyday things! ugh!

The party should be a cool diversion. Gotta do groceries now *rolls her eyes*

Love you too!

~Mary