Thursday, April 27, 2006

one more thing

I AM HERE
Current mood: touched
from my myspace blog

TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE ONE KINDNESS AT A TIME. I know this...have been told by so many and by God....this is my calling. I stretch myself to the edges of the world with my words and in my deeds. Someone once called me "earth mother"... (thank you, MikeC)and I really thought about it. I even wrote about it and, for the life of me, I can't find it!!! Ah, well...anyway, it somehow fits. Child of God, mother and kin to all. heh...I'm being too philosophical today, I think.


*sigh* I don't know. There is just something about today that has been weighing heavy and yet I feel somewhat freed. I'm sure that doesn't make any sense at all, but the words have been uttered, so to speak, and they cannot be retracted. The mode of life is just as hazy as ever, but so many bits of clarity have been gained. Wow...maybe I'm finally beginning to grow up! Geez, I hope not!



Also, I wrote this for Nova on the day of his funeral. I check on Erin everyday still. It's on my daily list of to-do's and I don't think that'll ever change. Anyway, I never posted it. It seems so unfinished, but, when I read it, completely appropriate. *sigh* Strange day today. So many mixed up emotions...to many highs and lows...but, anyway, here it is.

The Welcoming


The earth welcomes him

there

amidst the shadows
where the sunlight streams
between the willow branches

the air, calm-not-at-all
like the pounding of my heart

We do not mourn him

He is free

We mourn ourselves
and what we may become without

him

9 comments:

Eve said...

That's beautiful Mary! I'm sure Erin's going to love it too.

*hugs*

westcoastmama said...

Thanks Eve. I hope so. It's how I felt

Erin said...

It is beautiful Mary. I don't know if I'm ready to admit that I don't mourne for him but for myself, even though I do know it's true... but it's beautiful, and very appropriate... there are willows all around the pond in the cemetery where they're buried..

Anonymous said...

Mmm, This is a beautiful piece. Thanks for the words on encouragement on my site. It helped more than you know....
Kriss

westcoastmama said...

*hug* Erin, I could picture it so well in my mind. You spoke of it so lovingly and longingly, I felt as if I really were there with you. I'm glad you like it. And, you don't have to admit to anything until you're ready.

Kriss, :-) You are very welcome. I'm glad I could help in some small way. You know, I'm here too, if you ever need to vent. Keenan can be a pain in the arse some times, be he can't help it. HE'S A MAN! LOL...don't lose your voice. It's a tough battle to find it!

Love you guys.

Sir James Eric Watkins said...

You are exactly who I thought you were.

westcoastmama said...

:0) Why thank you!

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Very nice! You are a fine lady.

westcoastmama said...

stop...I'm blushing ;-) lol

Thank you for your kindness.