Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Another craft other than writing


So, I haven't been able to complete a damn thing. I have lots of things started as far as writing, but the conclusion; the tug that I'm looking for well, that just isn't happening. *sigh* Perhaps I'm trying too hard right now.

I did something new today. Well, okay, not new, but something that I haven't done in years. I just wanted to share it with you. I'm kind of proud of it. This pic isn't very good, but the other one is. I'll post that one later. :-) I sculpted this rose out of clay. It took me about 30 minutes. Not too bad for something I haven't done in about 10 years, eh? I have a bunch of other projects floating around in this mind of mine along with all the writing I intend to do! Grr...maybe that's why I can't seem to complete a poem.

I have so much going on right now. The end of the school year is quickly approaching and this time EVERY year gets absolutely nuts for us. The kids are on cram mode because of the teachers which means mom and dad are on high alert! Arrgghh!! Didn't I do school already? lol Sheesh! Anyway, I just thought I'd post something. I'm trying not to do anything that requires too much thought at the moment. My brain is about to explode, ya know? I shall return with even MORE!!

7 comments:

e said...

Holy crap, Mary! Before I read your post, I thought to myself, Oooh, I wonder who sent Mary roses! You had me fooled. How pretty! :o)

Sir James Eric Watkins said...

"Holy crap," indeed. I think you've done an excellent job here, Mary.

I feel like Rocky Balboa and this paper is Apollo Creed.

I weave, bob, stick'em with a few, then dance. It's quite a site.

me said...

CLAY? Out of clay? You carved that? It's gorgeous. Elegant! Superb!

westcoastmama said...

*hug* I love you guys! I'm glad you like. It is out of a new material called Hearty clay. It's a cellulous material kind of like paper mache and it's super light too, but when it dries it's really solid. It's hard to explain. Heh...I sound like a commercial. I didn't carve it. I molded all the petals individually and pressed them together to form the rose. Anybody want to take a class? lol

Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Shit. I was about to ask YOU if you wanted to take a class. How to weave and bob like a champ. *laughing a little too loud* Ha!

westcoastmama said...

lol...you goober

Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Those fucks stole you van! What the fuck!

When I was teenager I did that shit for a living. Not something you want on a resume.

I'd like to say I changed from there, but I just moved up higher in the crime business that's all. Glad that shit's over. It took a long time for mother fuckers to get it though. Calling me, wanting me to plan and lead them again. Fuck that. I don't have much now, but I am so much happier.

Please, Mary, don't ever try to stop them. Just them have it.