Thursday, April 27, 2006

Arrgghh!!

Blogger ate my post last night! Grr... Oh, well. All I did was whine anyway so you didn't miss anything. I can't help it if I've been feeling a little down and overwhelmed lately. I do have to say that breakfast with my friends from high school was wonderful. Some much has changed and yet so much has stayed the same. I'm so glad that we connected.

On another note, I signed up with Odeo. I can't wait to play around with it. I think it'll be a blast. That and the fact that I was able to finish a poem today made me very happy. It's a sad little ditty, but what do I care. My my long lost muse came to call and left me with something that I really love. Yup...he sure did. Um, I hope you like it just as much as I do. I sure felt good to write it, I must say. Hope you all have a wonderful day. I am taking it slloooowww...lol!



CRUSHED VELVET


I listened for the phone to ring
all day yesterday
and the day before
and the day before that

I don't really know
what I expected, hoped, prayed...
not that you would care to know,
or would you?

You were the one to break
the silence

Stupid woman that I am
my heart too forgiving to remember
how quickly you forget

Yet, still I wait
with nothing but a mechanical hum
in the background-
your voice echoing in my head

And, I,
a lighter shade of blue,
am cast aside once again...

just another piece of crushed velvet

3 comments:

Sir James Eric Watkins said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
me said...

<---just another empty plastic 2 liter pop bottle

westcoastmama said...

Oh...stop. *hug* have a good week. :-)