Wednesday, September 27, 2006

DON'T EVER DO THIS

Okay...for those of you who don't have children yet, listen carefully, coz if I ever find out you let this happen, I'll have to kick your ass myself!!

Round 1

I had this woman, and I use the term loosely, come into my department looking for a frame. She came in with her daughter who couldn't have been older than 18 months, a toddler for cryin' out loud! Anyway, she's asking me all these questions about a frame which I don't have and in the meanwhile, she puts this toddler down and proceeds to turn her back on her while speaking to me! OMG!! First of all, you don't put a toddler down in a frame department (OR anywhere else unattended point of fact!). HELLO...LOTS OF GLASS AND FRAMED ARTWORK ON EASELS!! The baby's running around, mom doesn't know what the baby is getting into and I'M freaking out because I CAN'T SEE THE BABY and said woman is completely oblivious to the fact that her daughter is launching herself against these 24X36" frames and the only thing that's separating her little body from a lite of glass is a piece of CELLOPHANE!!! GEEZ!! So, what does this woman reprimand the little one about? Playing with my chime because it was making noise. LET HER PLAY WITH THE FREAKING CHIME!! AT LEAST YOU KNOW WHERE SHE IS. THE CHIMES ARE SAFE COMPARED TO THE FRAMES! That was the first time she paid any attention to her after she'd put the baby down and I'd already been talking to woman for more than five minutes! A freaking child could drown in less than that! GRR.....Anyway, she decides to go out to her car to bring the photo to see if any other frame, other than the options I gave her, would work.

Round 2

Said "woman" comes back in with rolled photo and toddler again. Proceeds to put the baby down AGAIN to see if other frame would work and all I could think about was WHY DOES SHE HAVE HER BACK TURNED TO THIS BABY?! SHE'S GOING TO GET HURT! Even before I could complete the thought of "She's going to drop something on herself" and TELL THIS BITCH TO GRAB HER KID the baby throws herself against an easel and the framed piece of art falls forward, the glass breaks on the baby's head and pins her under it. That's when "mom" finally turns around to pick up her daughter to check if she's okay. SHE'S SO EFFIN' LUCKY THE GLASS DIDN'T SHATTER! Oh! And the kicker...she was pissed 'cause her daughter had a shard of glass stuck in her hairline that she couldn't get out! NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF SHE WAS TAKING CARE OF HER KID LIKE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! AAAARRRRGGGHH!!! It's not my job to babysit and to teach parenting! SHE HAS NO COMMON SENSE!! She knew she was wrong. Her stupid ass when straight to the front door...didn't even bother filing an accident report 'cause she knew it was HER fault and we would've reported her to child services. OMG! I was pissed for hours. It's a good thing Teresa came to the back right after it happened. She saw the whole thing. IF she hadn't come back there, I'd have cussed that woman out and that would've been the end of my job. GEEZ!! PEOPLE, GET A FREAKING CLUE! UGH! And all this in the span of two minutes after she came back into the store and put her daughter down.

Man...my kids never pulled anything on top of themselves or knocked anything on the floor or broke anything. I never LOST any of them either because I kept them close and where I could see them for their safety and well being and my sanity! I just don't understand people *sigh* Sorry...thanks for letting me rant.

2 comments:

Mommyleek said...

Oh! I would have had to have said something to her! I'm glad that the baby wasn't hurt, though. Unfortunately, this world is over-run with negligent parents, and you're lucky that the woman wasn't the type to want to file suit against the business! Yes, I'm fully aware that it was not the shop's fault, but try telling that to litigious america.

westcoastmama said...

Grr...it still ticks me off every time I think of it!