Monday, July 17, 2006

a cross post from my myspace blog

"short people got no worries..."
Current mood: silly
Category: Blogging


You know...whoever came up with that song WASN'T short!! Today was an interesting day. I have to mount this giant freaking map onto a piece of foamcore the size of Mount Olympus! No joke! The foamcore that I had to cut down for the map was 48"x96". Think of it, guys. That's 4' high by 8' wide!! And, I'm all of 4'11"!!! Oh my jeebus...lol It was a feet just trying to get those damn boards out of the spot Patsy and I put them into. I was literally huffin' and puffin' trying to get two boards out AND I have to fight with another one tomorrow, coz I didn't finish the order. Heh...not to mention I kinda got pinned for a second between the other boards that I was trying to, um, maneuver out of the way! lol

I wish you all could see what I had to work with. You would have been laughing your asses off watching me carry this board. All you would have seen was a pair of feet and a set of hands hugging the board!!! lmao I'm just glad I didn't run into anything. Oh, and to make things worse, the map is wider than the 48" board, so I had to splice two pieces together. Yeah, that was interesting. NOT! I had to get on all fours on top of the work table to reinforce the splice with another piece of foamcore. That made for a really nice view....HELLO full moon over Cerritos!! It's a good thing no one came around the corner while I was prowling around the top of that table. They may have wanted to slip a few dollar bills into my belt with the booty view I offered!!! Geez...and I have to do that again tomorrow?!! Oh, man! Maybe I can recruit some help tomorrow. My boss will be back from vacation and I can utilize his height (6'2") and some of the muscle that I lack. I have to spend time on top of a ladder too! OMG...why am I thinking about this now?! Ugh!

Okay...I'm gonna go zen. I'm surprised I'm not completely wiped out since I went to the gym at 5:30 this morning. I'm gonna be good and go now...I have a couple of paintings I'm working on. Catch ya'll later!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh I'd have SO been stuffing dollar bills in your pants (if I was able to get up off the floor from laughing!)

*hug*

~E

westcoastmama said...

hee-hee!! I thought you'd find that funny. Your ass would've been doing the sam thing! lol

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

heh. One of my kids once saw someone wearing a button that said: SHORT PEOPLE GOT NO REASON. So he, being short, made one for himself that said: SHORT PEOPLE DO GOT A REASON! He never specified what the reason was, but I guess now we know -- even if it is only to make other people laugh....

westcoastmama said...

HA!! You know, I always tell people that I'm funny....lookin'! lol hee-hee...I tell ya, if you were there you may have taken some pity on me. But, it really was funny.