Tuesday, May 15, 2007

a thought on Mother's Day/crosspost

My babies....knowing I did something right on Mother's Day
Current mood: tearfully blessed
Category: tearfully blessed Life


This year, so far has been especially hard. Having a 21 year partnership crumble in your hads is just not something anyone can easily deal with. He filed for divorce a week and a half after our anniversary. Ironic that we were married on Valentine's Day only for it to end right after. We stayed together for all the right reasons and we ended it for all the same right reasons.

Easter was rough, but I still made it a point to buy my babies a treat for their nonexistant basket. It was the first year I didn't make them anything and I felt like shit, but I made an effort because I am their mother and it wouldn't have been right. Telling the family was especially hard. My rlationship with everyone I held dear will never be the same. My "sisters" are lost to me. They're just sibblings to my soon-to-be ex and it kills me inside that I had to lose that. But, why I expected different just astounds me. I guess I was hoping they'd react more like me? Wishful thinking on my part yet again.

This Mother's Day was so hard. I had to play happy-happy when inwardly I was dying a painfully slow death. There were so many things my children said to me that were both so painfully true and so supportive at the same time. They have always been my strength. I have always been their greatest supports. On that day they showed me all the love and support I'd given was truly being returned. Mike treated me, Rich and Rose to brunch. Rose said something only a 14 year old could say because she is wise beyond her years, and Rich held me up with his silent strength. John could not be with us, but he made sure that I knew he was thinking about me. He sent me a text saying that he loved me and called later in the day. I am so very proud of my children. Even as I cry through this pain and trumoil, separated from the one I thought I'd grow old with, I am still strong. THEY ARE MY STRENGTH AND I AM BLESSED. Thank you, God, for showing that to me on Mother's Day

3 comments:

Dita said...

Ah but the best gifts he leaves you came in four. Feel blessed with these gifts on your not-so-happy-happy days. I've been there. It's an overwhelming feeling. Pain in the pit of your womb so to speak.

Have faith in the statement "Time heals all wounds."

It does.

Be well.

westcoastmama said...

:-) Thank you, my dear, for passing by. I am and always will remember that I am blessed.

Faith...my, how it can be tested, but I will heal. Thank you, again

Anonymous said...

hello - 'interesting stuff' best with your poetry - ZAJ