Thursday, May 24, 2007

The damn broke...

I've been writing insanely and almost manic to a point. (Okay...maybe I am just a little, but no doctor has to tell me that! lol)

Here's what's been going through my mind. So much to tell, not enough time to tell it.


safety
Current mood: wishing for relief


I can barely see it.

If I squint really hard,

I can make out an outline of...of...

something far beyond my reach



I used to know what that was



It beacons me

this thing that's almost shapeless

but, I KNOW what it is

I can sense it



safety comes to mind



It's been so long

(not really)

that I feel out of control

It's the money talking again



SHUT THE HELL UP!



I hate that I need it

but the world revolves coz

money don't grow on trees

it's made of blood and tears



a lot of them mine,

but who's counting?

That's why I bust my ass

and what is there to show?



A busted nose and skinned knees

and a timeworn face

with honest, lonely eyes





You know, when I started writing this, I had a really romantic image in my head. You know, two people wrapped in a circle of safety within each others arms. That was the image I was trying to build on. I know I'm tired, but I didn't realize how much. I feel so retarded. I've gone into my class to work on my assignment three times this week and have just been so unsuccessful. Perhaps it's the lack of motivation and the overwhelming sense to run and hide is getting to me. So much on my mind...no...TOO much on my mind. I should have been asleep too, but I can't shut the thoughts off. Ah, well...look at all the writing I've done. I'm finally able to purge creatively again.

On another note, it looks like I'm going to be commissioned to do an art piece for a friend. I'm rather excited about that fact. It will bring in a much needed cash flow. I so need it.

I got my flight itinerary today. It's going to be interesting and tiring, everyone says, but I can't wait. I have to work on a special project tomorrow at work. I'm going to try and close my eyes now. Good night, everyone. God bless you all. Please pray for me and my family. We can use all the blessings.

Until tomorrow...




10:46 PM


within
Current mood: inspired
Category: inspired Writing and Poetry


A PUZZLE WITHIN A MAZE

WHISPERS BEHIND THE CURTAIN

LIPS TO FINGERTIPS

SECRETS ARE UNFOLDING




WHAT DO THEY SEE

AS THEY STARE INTO CLOUDS

LIGHTNING OR THE PROMISE

OF RAIN...




THE RHYMER KNOWS THE ANSWER

HE IS THE ONE WHO LISTENS

BEYOND THE CRASHING OF THUNDER

HE HEARS THE FLUTTER OF DRAGONFLY

WINGS







Thank you to a very special friend. I was challenged and inspired



Wednesday, May 23, 2007

In Coming
Current mood: hopeful
Category: hopeful Writing and Poetry


I'd thought that lifetime meant forever-

it's just a breath of a millenium
in the blink of Gods eye

so slow in coming
yet so easily left behind

I've been buried in the sand

locked in an amber chamber
of should-have-done
a fossilized dream,
I crumble when exposed

self awareness is overrated
true love-an illusion

in the darkness of "I wish" secrets hide
slither-hither round the throat
in coming, I fight

Yet, moonlight whispers soft
and finds I am the platinum lining
in that blue gray cloud
that was trapped in his hand



9:47 PM - 2 Comments - 2 Kudos



Told ya I've been writing a lot!

2 comments:

Sir James Eric Watkins said...

love is all I have.

And a strong desire to ease your pain.

westcoastmama said...

:-) I know. And, I do thank you. You're the best. I'm haning in there.