Sunday, May 20, 2007

bleck....

how can moods change so much from one day to the next. I hate this damn rollercoaster ride that I am on. LET ME THE HELL OFF, PLEASE!


Vesuvius/I Rage


Volcanic-I rage like Vesuvius

My passions are great

even for promises

that are not mine to keep



It should go without saying

but words must be spoken



Of lava, I am the one

that burns.



Disappointment scorches

peels flesh from bone-

I don't believe

there will be understanding



So I will smolder

until the air has gone

and I have been

snuffed out.

4 comments:

Scout said...

Or you will burn brighter than you could ever have imagined

westcoastmama said...

Scout!!! Thank you so much for visiting me. *hugs* You have no idea how much this brightened my day.

Scout said...

Hiya Mary *smile*

I know your having a rough time at the moment, thought I'd just let you know there is an introspective poet on your side :)

take care

westcoastmama said...

*hugs* you're the best.