Wednesday, January 17, 2007

not an easy task

a crosspost from my "myspace" page

finally...a chance to write
Current mood: muddled


It's been a battle for the computer for the past few weeks...err, months, that is. It's a drag trying to use it when there are three students in the house. *sigh*

I'm out of practice. My mind is a muddled mess of...of....LIFE!!! I can't even begin to tell you how bent my thoughts are. Purging hasn't helped much. The urge to run away is great again. Sheesh...when will I learn? I'm in great need of some me time. Some time in February should be good, I think. I need to curl into myself and find that poetic voice again. It somehow got lost in the mish-mosh of trying to keep up with the earth's rotation or something or another.





I tripped on that root
called life
It rose from the ground
and grasped my ankle
like a vice
and I can't shake it

As I fell
a cloud of self-dillusions
covered me
So blind, I am
to what is in my face

I cannot form the words
too deep,
the canyon grows
And, I, within a wished-for
drunken stupor
lie drowning

in a world
I dare not call
my "own"



Well...that was not so pretty, but it's a start. This is freakin' pathetic! I can't concentrate long enough to tie my shoe let alone finish something worthwhile. Shit...someone kick me in the head already. At least then I'd have an excuse. Grr.....I'm going to try again.

2 comments:

Sir James Eric Watkins said...

I feel the same way. I've been so busy with every thing else, that my poetic voice has suffered because of it.

But that's who we are so . . . It'll come back. It always does.

westcoastmama said...

um...it came back!!!