Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I've been neglecting my poor blog....

Actually, I've been really sick too, but I'm much better now. My writing has really suffered. I'm on complete overload and it sucks. There is so much that I should write about, but I can't...not just yet, anyway. So, what I will do is post a couple of things I've written. Enjoy...



Sentido
1/24/07

I've been away for much too long

there a cobwebs in the corners
of my mind

and, in so, I've been feeling guilty
for the passage of time

estoy sentido
simplemente, y lo siento


The floorboards creak as I walk
into this dusty, covered room

the candles are cold, deformed
puddles on a mantle
without a hearth

a heart without a home

los fotos en mi menteme escapa

there is no moon here

just echoes and the ashes
of a long-dead pyre

and I listen for the shuffle
of your feet and the tapping
of my heals

as when we danced
so long ago
in the back room

of my mind





*untitled*
1/30/07
it's just a pittance, really
I don't ask for much-

my hand nestled in yours
your heart bound to mine


I'd dance at your feet
and stare into your molten eyes
and you'd know...
you'd know

I'd never wanted much

I am but a firefly
within a jar-shining brightly

illuminating

the darkest recesses
of your troubled

soul

2 comments:

Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Love this!

westcoastmama said...

I've been trying