Sunday, October 18, 2009

Back to life...continuation

Ironically, even after such a wonderful evening, several things got in the way, my job, my children and basically just trying to figure out where I fit in again shot me off course. As I said before, I misplaced my notebook and we lost contact. Truth be told, I was petrified after I met. I just figured he was too good to be true. We saw each other from time to time at the karaoke bar and each time he looked marvelous, but I was with my friends or co-workers and we just didn't get a chance to chat that much. Then life really threw a curve ball. I started dating and it was a mess. I knew I was out of it, but oh my gosh, people in general are real jerks. I just couldn't understand all of the bull I'd run into and I ended up hurt several times over.

Well, I decided, I was safer unattached so I'd go out with just some friends. Before I knew it, almost a year and several hearth aches had gone by since I'd first met him, the love of my life. I reconnected with a couple of high school friends of mine who also sang so we decided to go to the karaoke bar where my personal Elvis and I met. It was an interesting night. He was there. I saw him when we walked in and I made it a point to say hello. My male friend didn't like it one bit, but so what?! We were there as friends. Two ladies and a guy friend from high school trying to catch up on old times was harmless enough, right? Huh! Not in his eyes. He figured, since we all went out together, we two ladies were only supposed to pay attention to him. It was a pissing contest between two males, over my lady friend. I am so glad it wasn't over me, but I still somehow got dragged into the middle of it. Being a gentleman that he is, he came over and talked to me and introduced himself to my company. My male friend, who will forever remain nameless, puffed up his chest as if to stake claim on me. My love was unfazed. He merely shook his hand and turned to me. He said he was going to leave, but he hoped to hear from me soon and he slipped his number into my hand as he held it. As he held my gaze, that when I decided, yes, I am going to call him.

The remainder of that night went to hell. My male friend got into a shouting match with another of the patrons at the bar over my lady friend. I was mad and sad and scared at the same time. We left and drove around looking for a place for this guy to stay so he could sleep off the booze and his stupidity. This guy is a cop, mind you and he was acting worse than a high school boy on steroids. He upset my lady friend so badly. Later I came to find out, after we dropped him back off at his car so he could sleep the effects of the alcohol off, that he had texted my friend several nasty texts and that was when I got thoroughly disgusted. Ah, me...and this was only the beginning.

to be continued...

No comments: